The Vibe Bixpy-Ready Gravity Rudder is the first rudder in the market specifically designed to accept a motor as an option. The bottom portion of the rudder unscrews in seconds to allow you to attach your Bixpy J-2 Motor directly onto the rudder.
The Vibe Bixpy-Ready Gravity Rudder offers a molded 10mm stainless steel pin that offers easy installation and not only fits all Vibe kayaks but can replace most other manufacturer rudders in seconds! It also offers a robust double hinged, 90° Slide & Stow mechanism that gets the rudder completely out of the water in a heartbeat!
The Vibe Bixpy-Ready Gravity Rudder also features a gravity driven locking mechanism that allows the rudder to lock into place when motorized in forward or reverse. However, since the locking only occurs with gravity, the rudder easily “unlocks” and pops up to protect your motor and rudder in shallow water. Steering your rudder can be done using your existing rudder steering system if you have one and if not, you can choose from a variety of options in our Steering Options.
Make sure that you are getting the right Bixpy adapter for your watercraft on www.bixpy.info
*Motors shown in the above pictures are not included in the adapter kit
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
- Mounts into any standard rudder 10mm pin hole
- Gravity deployment system
- 90° quick Slide & Stow feature
- Gravity "Lock-down" mechanism for reverse speeds
- 18in. x 4in. rudder blade
- Kick up feature for shallow water and hazards
- Removable cap for mounting Bixpy Jet Motor
- The top of the pin to the top of the motor measures 12.25 inches or 305 mm.
- Pin length is 85 mm. Gap from pin to blade is 38 mm.
- To work effectively, the Bixpy motor needs to be about 2" to 3" below waterline.
- Vibe Bixpy-Ready Gravity Rudder
- Bixpy Clam Cleat
- Pull up rope
Click here for installation guides and videos.