DIY Bixpy Jet
If your kayak has a rudder and you would like to motorize it, you can download a DIY rudder template and make your own motorized rudder! Check out this instructional video on exactly how to do that in minutes. In this video, we install a Bixpy Jet to a rudder from a Viking Kayak. You can attach the Bixpy Jets to virtually any kayak rudder using the same method. You can also use the same method to attach the jets to virtually any fin on any watercraft.
A Bixpy Jet can boost your kayak to speeds of up to 7 MPH (11 km/h), with 10 forward speeds and 3 reverse speeds. You control your Bixpy Jet with a wireless remote that is included with every Outboard Battery Pack.
- One Bixpy Jet Motor
- Bixpy Outboard Battery Box
- Bixpy Wireless Remote Control
* Shipping and Battery Shipping Surcharges will be quoted at checkout page.
** Products ordered after September 20th will be delivered in mid-November.
- Battery, motor and adapter weight:
- 10 lb (4.6 kg)
- Battery size:
- L: 11.3" (28 cm) • W: 8.75" (22 cm) • H: 3.2" (8 cm)
- Motor size:
- L: 10.5" (27 cm) • W: 3.5" (9 cm) • H: 3" (8 cm)
- Battery type:
- Lithium ion rechargeable
- Charge time:
- 4 hours
- 10 speeds forward and 3 speeds in reverse
- Wireless remote
- Battery status:
- 6 LED indicator on box
- Attaches to virtually any fin on any watercraft
- High quality magnetic kill leash for emergency shut-off
- Water-proof, dirt-proof and corrosion resistant housing and components
- Water use:
- Marine grade stainless steel components for salt water or fresh water use
- Additional features:
- Battery box includes outlets for USB and 12V Auxiliary power (for fish finders and other electronics)