Live baiting can be a winner while fishing for some species from your kayak. In the past, people used to resort to storing fish in a bucket of water with an air pump, however they never lasted very long. Sometimes you could catch a fresh bait fish when you needed to re-bait, but it was always hit and miss. Hobie Livewell changed all that.
A LIVE BAIT TANK FOR YOUR HOBIE KAYAK
Some kayak fishing enthusiasts are a little apprehensive about purchasing extra equipment that they are not sure would work for them. But once you get it and start using it, you won't want to go without it! It is a quality piece well-designed to work particularly with Hobie kayaks.
Generally, Hobie Livewell is just the tool you need to keep bait fish such as Sand eels and Mackerel alive. It will also work with crustaceans such as prawns/shrimps and crabs. If you are going for some predatory fish species, like Bass, Pollack, Tope and big Rays fresh and lively live bait is very effective.
HOBIE LIVEWELL FEATURES OVERVIEW
At the back end of the tank, you'll find an Attwood Tsunami pump that is self priming with the movement of the kayak. The pump provides a flow rate of 250 gallons per hour with a 6V battery. The Livewell has a DiaMec 6V 10Ah sealed Gel battery that can power the pump for approximately 10 hours.
Battery Care Information:
- Use the correct charger for the battery
- recharge the battery immediately after use
- Disconnect the charger once the battery is fully charged
- Store your battery in a cool, dry place
- Do not store your battery in a discharged state—this will reduce the battery's life and performance
- Charge once per month during ling periods of storage time
All Hobie Livewell bait tanks come with a battery. However, the battery they come from is not of the best quality. They have a very short lifespan and have to be changed every season. Plus, the battery it comes with does not keep the chare very long, so it'll reduce the amount of fishing time you get to enjoy. Fortunately, there's a batter battery alternative you can utilize: the PP-77-LW - 6V Livewell, Bait Tank Battery.
Tired of replacing your SLA battery every season? The PP-77 LW is a compact high output 6V power bank designed to replace your old SLA batteries in any application. The Bixpy PP-77 LW offers 77Wh (12Ah) of power using LiFepO4 cells that provide superior life and a near-perfect 6V output through the entire discharge cycle of the battery. The Bixpy PP-77 LW shell is made of airplane-grade anodized aluminum to protect it from the elements and counts with a waterproof seal that can withstand anything mother nature throws at it. Amazing features the Bixby battery offers include:
- Ultralight (weighs just 2.1lb - 1.0kg)
- Powered by a rechargeable 6V LiFePO4 battery core (77 Wh)
- Fits perfectly in Hobie Livewell battery slot
- IP-67 Waterproof and dirt-proof with corrosion-resistant components
- Fresh and saltwater ready
- MEGA LIFE: 10 year shelf life*
- Charge cycle before losing 15% power: 2000 (5-8 years)
- Total charge cycle: 3000 (10 to 12 years)
- Nominal Voltage: 6.4 V
- Charge time: ~ 6 hours on wall charger
- Size: L: 5.7" (14.5 cm) • W: 3.3" (8.5 cm) • H: 1.9" (4.8 cm)
Don't let a low battery life ruin your fun. Get a battery that can withstand any obstacle and offer you long battery life! To buy the PP-77-LW - 6V Livewell, Bait Tank Battery, simply click here. Don't let anything get in the way of your passion! To learn more, give us a call at (866) 249-7910 or click here to find a store near you!